Where is the money coming from?
In tough economic times, do companies tighten their belts when it comes to FDI? It seems not: the 10 companies with the highest returns on overseas investments believe now is the right time to expand international operations. Charles Piggott reports.
Almost without exception, the companies at the top of a recent list of the most profitable companies overseas take the view that the current economic conditions are still right for international expansion. Research released last month by Investment Consulting Associates (ICA) examined 20 years of data from 230 Fortune 500 companies’ annual reports and named the 10 companies with the best returns on foreign assets.
This content is only available to registered users and subscribers.
Register for FREE increased access
Already registered? Sign in here.
Registered users will benefit from:
A subscription is now even greater value for money
Subscribe today and benefit from a wealth of insight into globalisation which enables organisations such as investment promotion agencies, companies, services providers and academic institutions to make informed decisions regarding foreign direct investment and associated activities.
Subscribe to fDiIntelligence.com for unrivalled global coverage and benefit from:
Subscribe today for only £395 (plus VAT if applicable) and get instant access to the world's premier resource on the business of globalisation.
Alternatively, call our subscriptions team on +44(0)1858 438417
Already registered? Click here
Register for fDiIntelligence.com
fDiIntelligence.com is more than the online home of fDi Magazine. Registration to our website enables you to:
- Access supplementary foreign direct investment (FDI) analysis. In addition to all fDi Magazine articles, fDiIntelligence.com hosts a range of extra information, including our locations rankings, multimedia content and special reports
- Create a personalised homepage, with the locations and sectors that matter to you
- Receive FDI information in your inbox via our e-newsletter
- Save time on research with our electronic archive of articles
- Keep track of a specific company’s FDI activities on our companies page
- Get fresh ideas and insight with exclusive videos of our roundtables, interviews and editorial summaries
- Stay current and expand your knowledge with the latest data trends driving crossborder greenfield investment
Registrants receive complimentary access to five online articles every month by completing the short registration form opposite. Subscribers (paying an annual subscription rate of £395 plus VAT if applicable) receive full access to all articles on the website as well as six issues of fDi Magazine.