LADOL Free Zone in Lagos, Nigeria is the location of the city’s first operational deep offshore logistics base that is both custom designed and fully independent. LADOL-integrated Logistics Free Zone Enterprise (LiLE) is the enterprise that will manage all the logistics operations in LADOL Free Zone.
- To design and operate the first purpose-built engineering and support base for deep offshore production west of Niger Delta.
- To maximise Nigerian content, job creation and technology transfer.
- To attract foreign direct investment into Nigeria.
LADOL Free Zone covers a total area of more than 120 hectares. Development of the logistics base will be in three phases. Phase one was completed in September 2006 when the base became operational, servicing its first client in October 2006. Phase two has now started.
Phase one included:
- a 200 metre quay wall (with high load bearing area) with a 8.5-metre draft;
- clearing of 35 hectares of land;
- a sand-filled lay-down area of approximately 25 hectares;
- covered storage (warehouse) and open storage (hard standing);
- a water treatment plant (with 1000 cubic metre ground storage tanks, delivering water straight to quay wall through a series of built in pipes);
- a sewage treatment plant;
- fully serviced offices.
LiLE’s management team has decades of experience in oil and gas logistics across the world. The base’s free zone status means it offers international clients a tax-free and hassle-free environment with:
- exemptions from federal state and local government taxes;
- duty-free importation of raw materials, machinery, capital and consumer goods, equipment and spare parts;
- reduced duties on export of materials from the free zone into the customs territory of Nigeria (duty is only applied to the value of the exported raw materials and the value of the exported raw material is adjusted downwards to reflect the reduction in value over time);
- permission to sell 100% of manufactured/processed goods into the domestic market on payment of applicable duty and taxes;
- 100% foreign ownership of investment;
- 100% repatriation of capital, profits and dividends;
- no expatriate quotas;
- limited bureaucracy and increased efficiency – a one-stop shop for all transactions.
LADOL’s location, infrastructure, management and commitment to excellence offers its clients and partners several advantages:
- Lagos is the most efficient location from which to service deep offshore oil and gas blocks in western Africa;
- faster turnaround times for supply ships;
- significant cost savings – competitive and transparent pricing;
- greater security;
- an international port operating 24 hours a day;
- international airport access by helicopter or ferry;
- safe, stress-free living conditions for staff and management.
- a tax-free, hassle-free free zone;
LADOL is the ultimate one-stop hub for logistics services to the oil and gas industry across western Africa.
Interested parties should contact: LADOL
Tel: +234 1 279 0684; 461 9711; 760 6748
Fax: +234 1 279 0685
E mail: email@example.com