Investing in Saint Lucia: fDi On Location
Developing into a high-end boutique garden island where the investor climate is relaxed but efficient: this is the vision of the Caribbean island of Saint Lucia. Beyond Saint Lucia’s strength in tourism, the country is diversifying its economy into several sectors including logistics and business process outsourcing, offering foreign companies a gateway into the Caribbean and beyond.
fDi On Location: Astana
|To become the commercial, financial and cultural heart of central Asia: that is the aim of Astana, the capital of Kazakhstan. Helped by the Expo 2017 – expected to bring 3 million visitors – Astana is pressing ahead towards what it is hopes is an enhanced profile as an investment location, as well as playing a leading role in Kazakhstan’s journey to establish itself as a pre-eminent hub in Eurasia.|
fDi On Location: Jamaica
fDi On Location: Florence
|The Tuscan city of Florence is best known for the treasures of its past, but a focus on the four key sectors of culture, education, fashion and lifestyle, and high technology is taking the local economy into the future. fDi Magazine's editor-in-chief Courtney Fingar reports.|
|To watch the extended version of the video click here|
fDi On Location: Ras Al Khaimah
Whilst relatively new in the tourism map, Ras Al Khaimah (RAK), the northernmost emirate in the United Arab Emirates, established itself a long time ago as the UAE’s industrial heartland.
Lacking in oil but blessed in raw materials like limestone and quartz, RAK is a major exporter of cement, ceramics and aggregates. Leveraging its location in the heart of one of the world’s top growth regions – the emirate is within one hour’s drive from Dubai – RAK’s goal is to become a magnet for both businesses and holiday makers.
What’s the next stage of development for this sun-drenched industrial centre? fDi Magazine's editor-in-chief Courtney Fingar explores the business and leisure opportunities RAK has to offer.
fDi On Location: Tuscany
The Italian region of Tuscany is famous worldwide for its cultural offerings, but beyond the beautiful facades of its historical cities are clusters of cutting-edge research in high-tech sectors such as life sciences, ICT and robotics. fDi Magazine's editor Courtney Fingar investigates the business side of a much-loved holiday destination.
fDi On Location: Sharjah
The third largest emirate in the United Arab Emirates, Sharjah has to date kept a much lower profile than its better-known neighbours Abu Dhabi and Dubai. But that may soon be changing, as Sharjah sets out to raise its visibility on the world stage and to promote its strengths in such sectors as environmental sciences, healthcare, logistics and tourism. fDi editor Courtney Fingar visits the emirate and finds out how its uniquely Islamic identity translates into investment potential.
fDi On Location: Dubai
Dubai has been ranked by fDi Magazine as the top destination in the Middle East for FDI attractiveness, and its free zones have dominated the magazine's "Free Zones of the Future" rankings in recent years.
In this latest "On Location" video, fDi Magazine's editor Courtney Fingar investigates the reasons for Dubai's regional supremacy in FDI competitiveness, what has attracted multinational companies to the emirate, and how its economic development strategists plan to position it for future growth.
fDi On Location: Edinburgh
fDi Magazine has launched fDi On Location, a new video series exploring investment destinations worldwide.
In the first of the series, fDi Magazine's editor Courtney Fingar goes on location to discover why Edinburgh is one of the top performers in FDI in Europe. Why do companies decide to locate or expand in the Scottish capital? What are the city leaders’ plans to keep the city competitive? We address these and many other points in fDi On Location: Edinburgh.
fDi On Location at your destination
Presented by fDi Magazine’s editor and filmed on site, fDi On Location explores your destination including its key strengths and attraction points for investors.
- Independent assessment and publication of the key benefits of doing business at your destination
- Distribution of video to over 30,000 professionals through our website and e-newsletter
- Ability to upload the video on your own website, use at events or send to your own contacts
- Create a robust case-study of your location and use it to proactively reach undecided and potential investors
- Contact us for more information on how fDi On Location can benefit your organisation.
fDi on Social Media
- South American States of the Future 2016/17: the winners
- Mexican States of the Future 2016/17: the winners
- European Cities and Regions of the Future 2016/17
- American Cities of the Future 2015/16
- Asia-Pacific Cities of the Future 2015/16
- Caribbean & Central American Countries of the Future 2015/16
- European Cities and Regions of the Future 2016/17
- Global Free Zones of the Year 2015
- Middle East & African Countries of the Future 2015/16
- Polish Cities of the Future 2015/16
- Chinese Provinces of the Future 2014/15
- European Cities and Regions of the Future 2014/15
- Global Cities of the Future 2014/15
- Global Free Zones of the Year 2014
- Middle East and North Africa Free Zones of the Year 2014
- South American States of the Future 2014/15
- African Countries of the Future 2013/14
- American Cities of the Future 2013/14
- Asia-Pacific Cities of the Future 2013/14
- Caribbean and Central American Countries of the Future 2013/14
- Middle East Free Zones of the Future 2013/14
- Projects of the Year 2012
- European Cities and Regions of the Future 2012/13
- Digital Marketing Awards 2012
- Global Free Zones of the Future 2012/13
- Middle East Cities of the Future 2012/13
- African Countries of the Future 2011/12
- American Cities of the Future 2011/12
- Asia-Pacific Cities of the Future 2011/12
- Middle East Free Zones of the Future 2011/12