An assessment of FDI expansions reveals which locations enjoy the most follow-up investments and why. Cathy Mullan analyses the results.
With the number of FDI projects into the Benelux region reaching a 12-year high in 2015, cities across these three countries are rapidly developing into foreign investment hubs. Naomi Davies reports on the top-performing cities when it comes to attracting projects.
Asia-Pacific Cities of the Future 2017/18
Could your city be fDi’s Asia-Pacific City of the Future?
fDi Magazine will publish the top cities in the following categories: Economic Potential, Cost Effectiveness, Connectivity, Human Capital and Lifestyle, Business Friendliness and FDI Strategy.
fDi Benchmark will analyse quantitative data for all categories, with the exception of FDI Strategy. For this qualitative category, we invite those charged with FDI promotion to complete a short online survey detailing the current FDI strategy they offer potential investors.
There is no cost to submit.
|Application Link:||CLICK HERE|
Thursday, 13th April
(Extension available on request)
|Publication Date:||August 2015|
|For more information contact:||email@example.com|
Singapore has retained its title of fDi’s Global City of the Future, with London holding strong in second place and Dublin edging out Hong Kong to claim third. Cathy Mullan reports.
In the inaugural fDi Strategy Awards 2016, Barcelona’s investment promotion agency has taken top honours, with awards going to cities all over the world for their efforts to promote, attract and retain investment in categories as diverse as regeneration, expatriate support, technology centres and job creation incentives. Cathy Mullan reports.
The US once more has the most valuable country brand while Singapore's is the strongest, according to Brand Finance’s annual National Brands report, with a strong correlation continuing to exist between a strong nation brand and investment attractiveness.
Shanghai province has once again proven its credentials as an investment magnet and dominated fDi’s Chinese Provinces of the Future ranking, with Beijing and Guangdong retaining their respective second and third places. Cathy Mullan examines the results.
Singapore has been crowned fDi’s inaugural Aerospace City of the Future, with Dubai in second place and Shanghai in third. Cathy Mullan reports.
The first fDi Diversification Index analysed island economies and uncovered the link between diversification and levels of overseas investment, with Sri Lanka coming out on top, followed by New Zealand and Malta.
- Global Cities of the Future 2016/17
- fDi Strategy Awards 2016
- fDi Investors of the Year 2016
- Nation brands 2016
- Global free zones of the year 2016
- German cities of the future 2016/17: the winners
- Chinese provinces of the Future 2016/17: the winners
- Sri Lanka ranked as most diversified island economy
- South American States of the Future 2016/17: the winners
- Mexican States of the Future 2016/17: the winners
- European Cities and Regions of the Future 2016/17
- American Cities of the Future 2015/16
- Asia-Pacific Cities of the Future 2015/16
- Caribbean & Central American Countries of the Future 2015/16
- European Cities and Regions of the Future 2016/17
- Global Free Zones of the Year 2015
- Middle East & African Countries of the Future 2015/16
- Polish Cities of the Future 2015/16
- Chinese Provinces of the Future 2014/15
- European Cities and Regions of the Future 2014/15
- Global Cities of the Future 2014/15
- Global Free Zones of the Year 2014
- Middle East and North Africa Free Zones of the Year 2014
- South American States of the Future 2014/15
- African Countries of the Future 2013/14
- American Cities of the Future 2013/14
- Asia-Pacific Cities of the Future 2013/14
- Caribbean and Central American Countries of the Future 2013/14
- Middle East Free Zones of the Future 2013/14
- Projects of the Year 2012
- European Cities and Regions of the Future 2012/13
- Digital Marketing Awards 2012
- Global Free Zones of the Future 2012/13
- Middle East Cities of the Future 2012/13
- African Countries of the Future 2011/12
- American Cities of the Future 2011/12
- Asia-Pacific Cities of the Future 2011/12
- Middle East Free Zones of the Future 2011/12
fDi Intelligence has a portfolio of related products that enable you to get the targeted foreign investment information you need for your role:
For real-time crossborder greenfield investment data on all sectors and locations, click here
To benchmark locations for investment projects, click here
For bespoke reports on companies, locations or sectors, click here
Most popular content
fDi Magazine investigates all the issues that concern foreign investors as they expand into new markets. Talking to corporate decision makers as well as government leaders, and backed by the hard data produced by our proprietary world-leading FDI databases, the editorial team provides an up-to-date image of the ever changing global investment landscape. Insightful coverage highlights the many opportunities and risks that await investors around the world. fDi is published bi-monthly.
Click here to find out more about subscribing to the magazine.
Find out more about the magazine and advertising opportunities in the 2017 Media Pack .
Corporate location benchmarking tool
fDi Benchmark is the only online tool to benchmark the competitiveness of countries and cities in over 50 sectors. Its comprehensive location data series covers the main cost and quality competitiveness indicators for over 300 locations around the world.