Dozens of investment promotion agencies (IPAs) from all over the globe gathered at the Waipa investment conference in Xiamen, on the Chinese eastern coast, at the beginning of September. Adrienne Klasa, fDi Magazine’s and the Banker's development finance editor, shares her main takeaways from the event, discussing how the trade feud between Washington and Beijing is prompting adjustments in investment promotion strategies in China, Asia and beyond.
Features Interviews with:
- Sun Xinhua, president of Invest Shanghai
- Harley Seyedin, president of the American Chamber of Commerce in South China
- Jan Zapletal, director China and southeast Asia at Czechinvest
- Jiang Xiheng, vice president of the Centre for International Knowledge on Development (CIKD)
- Dong-ik Lee, director general of investment operations at the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
- Peter Fuhrman, CEO of China First Capital